The following few guidelines should be followed in business communication at the planning stage :
1. Communication does not happen or take place. The purpose / objective should be clearly understood by the sender.
2. The message should be adopted to the purpose. The message should have a focus on the purpose and the receiver.
3. The code should be selected carefully. The sender should decide upon the medium.
4. Precise encoding and transmission without interference or barriers should be done.
5. The receiver should decode, perceive and respond or react with appropriate feedback.